Rottweilers are one of the most popular dog breeds in the U.S. and are great companions for all ages and personalities.
Whether you’re looking for a playmate for your kids or just want to add a furry friend to your family, this guide will help you find the ideal Rottweiler puppy for your home.
How much are rottweiler puppies worth?
Purebred Rottweilers usually cost between $800 and $4,000, depending on the condition of the dog and whether it has been trained or not.
If you are looking for a purebred puppy, you will want to contact a reputable breeder who can provide documentation on the lineage of your puppy’s parents and any health information regarding genetic diseases that may affect your puppy’s life expectancy or physical health later in life.
Where to buy a rottweiler puppy?
Buying a rottweiler puppy from a good breeder is the best way to start your journey with this wonderful breed.
A good breeder should be a member of the national kennel club and be able to show you their dog’s pedigrees, they should also have their dogs registered, health tested and DNA tested.
When looking for your Rottweiler puppy you need to ask yourself if this is something that you want to do as it will involve much time and effort on your part.
How to pick a rottweiler puppy?
- Ask the breeder to show you the puppy’s parents.
- Ask to see the puppy’s birth certificate.
- Ask to see the puppy’s vaccination record, and make sure that both of the parents have been vaccinated against canine distemper/parvovirus, rabies, and leptospirosis.
- Ensure that both parents are certified by a veterinarian as having good hips through an OFA or PennHip evaluation. If possible, ask for copies of these certificates before committing to buy from a breeder who doesn’t already have them on hand or at least offers to pay extra for them.
- Check with your local animal shelter or rescue group about how long they keep their puppies before they’re adopted out into homes; this will give you an idea of how many months old your new pup should be at that point so that he/she can be ready for training classes as soon as possible after arriving at his new home!
When Can a Rottweiler Pup Leave Their Mother?
When a Rottweiler pup is 10 weeks old, it can leave its mother.
This is when the puppy will have fully weaned and eaten all of its mother’s milk, as well as starting to eat solid food.
It’s also best if you don’t take them home before this time because they haven’t had enough time with their littermates or mom.
If you do get a Rottweiler puppy before 10 weeks old, make sure that they are fed regularly by hand and given plenty of attention—but be careful not to overfeed them!
If you’re looking for a new dog, the Rottweiler is an excellent choice.
They’re loyal, intelligent, and protective dogs who are known for their strength.
These traits make them great family pets; however, before buying one of your own there are some things you need to consider first