If you’re a dog owner, then you’ll know that some pet foods are made in China.
If your dog eats one of these foods, you may be concerned about the quality of the ingredients.
This article will give you an overview of what pet foods come from china, which ones come from other countries, and why it is important to know where your pet food comes from.
What Midwestern dog foods are made in china?
If you’re a Midwestern dog food fan, you may have noticed that some products say they’re made in the USA while others state they are made in China.
Of course, when it comes to pet food, there are many factors that can affect cost and quality—including transportation costs of shipping from China versus using local ingredients. But what exactly does it mean for a pet food brand to be “made in China”?
- A US-based company makes its products there (sometimes with American ingredients) and ships them back to the United States for distribution. This means that some of your money goes into keeping jobs in America, but also means your product has more than likely been transported halfway around the world before reaching your home or vet’s office.
- The entire manufacturing process takes place overseas: from sourcing raw materials like meat from Chinese farmers/slaughterhouses or soybeans grown there; to producing everything onsite; to packaging and shipping finished goods across an ocean back home again—which cuts down significantly on expenses related to labor costs at both ends (although this may not be good news if those savings result in lower quality).
Which pet foods come from china?
You might be surprised to learn that some of the most popular pet food brands are made in China.
Here’s a list of well-known brands that source ingredients from China:
- Midwest Pet Foods
- Nutro Pet Foods
- Iams Pet Foods (all varieties)
- Purina Pet Foods (all varieties)
Panda Express, Chili’s, and Texas Roadhouse may have been the first businesses to tell their customers about the issue.
But since then, many other companies have followed suit by issuing recalls or releasing statements about their ingredients.
It is important to know where your pet food comes from
As a pet owner, it is important to know where your pet food comes from.
Just like we want to know where our meat comes from and how it was raised, we should also care about the quality of what goes into our beloved pets’ bodies.
If you are concerned about where your pet’s food is made, there are some things you can do:
- Sign up for a subscription service from a local butcher or butcher shop that will allow you to order in bulk once per month or so
- Check out smaller local farms that produce quality meats and have them delivered directly to your door
Once again, it is easy to overlook where your food is being made.
If your dog’s food comes from China, an earthquake may have some kind of adverse effect on the safety of your dog’s food.
There are many different pet foods made in China, so if you are concerned about getting high-quality food for your pet, it is best to check on a label before purchasing.
Be careful what companies you purchase pet foods from. This list may help you in knowing which brands are from China.