We want to take our dogs with us to the mall, stores, and wherever we go.
But there are just some places where we cannot take them with us due to some restrictions and strict regulations.
In today’s article, get ready to find out if Menards is pet friendly and some of the policies you should know about before visiting them.
Menards is the third-largest chain of home enhancement items which means that their store has many customers daily. It is the reason why Menards has always sympathized with dog owners and has always been pet friendly. They know that some dog owners want to take their pets with them wherever they go and whatever they do.
However, with the current events to date, as of April 1, 2020, all branches of Menards no longer allow dogs inside their shops due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The only dogs they have been allowing inside are service dogs.
However, this decision may still change sometime in the future.
If the situation gets better, they may allow pets inside their stores once again.
Menards used to allow pets inside as long as they are behaved and are on a leash.
However, on April 1, 2020, Menards announced on their company website that they no longer permit entry to children under 16, as well as pets, to the store because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is to lessen the number of people shopping to protect the children from people.
Does This New Policy Differ by Location?
Before the COVID-19 pandemic happened, pets were usually allowed inside Menards stores.
However, a few branches did not let pets in ever since some shoppers might be allergic to pet hairs and that bringing various pets inside might cause a lot of trouble.
For example, the San Francisco Menards branch had an incident involving two shoppers, one had a dog, and one had a cat.
The branch encountered a bit of trouble as these two animals do not get along that well.
The manager ended up calling Pet Control Squad to get the situation under control.
Because of this commotion, the Menards branch encountered many losses.
Many goods were damaged, which led to the total ban of pets in Menards San Francisco.
An employee from one Menards branches also said that the branch where he works posted signs on the door that state pets are not allowed.
The only exception is service dogs.
If the dog is proven to be well-behaved, you can bring it inside the store.
As leaving them inside a hot car would be wrong.
So, generally, as long as the dog behaves, then they can come in.
But the employee also emphasizes that this only applies to their branch and may not apply to other Menards branches.
So, will this new policy prohibiting pets in Menards apply to all of their stores?
Well, Menards posted the announcement on their company’s website.
We can assume that this policy applies to all of their branches, whether they used to allow pets inside or not.
However, to be sure, you can contact their store at your desired location ahead of time or message on social media to clarify this policy with them.
Will Menards Allow Pets Inside Their Stores Again?
The announcement that pets will no longer be allowed in their stores was made last April 1, 2020, and a lot has happened since then.
With the current changes in the policy for all Menards stores, it is best to check in with your particular store first before bringing your dog.
It is because some stores have policies that recently implemented dog ban inside, while others may have exceptions.
If in case Menards has reversed its store policy and decides to let pets inside some of their stores once again, here are some of the things you must remember:
- Keep a close eye on your pets. Remember that Menards has been kind enough to let you in with your furry friend, so be sure to return the favor by keeping a close eye on your pet to avoid any action that might cause damages and trouble inside the store.
- If needed, do not leave your dog unleashed. As fun as it would be for your pets to walk around the store, you must remember that animals’ behaviors are unpredictable, and they could suddenly dash and hit breakable items in a matter of seconds. Keeping your pets on a leash will indeed reduce the possibility of this from happening.
- Be attentive to the signs when your pet “needs to go.” Do not let your pet pee on their counters or make their “drop” on the center of the aisle. Menards want you to be able to shop inside with your pets, so make sure to be kind enough not to leave any animal droppings inside their stores.
- Be sensitive to the needs of the people around you. You might encounter a shopper who is allergic to dogs, or your pet might not get along that well with other people’s pets. Be sensitive enough to know what is going on around you, and if this happens, make the necessary adjustments needed.
- Do not forget to bring some treats! Finally, treats are essential! It is to ensure that your pet will remain well-behaved on your entire trip to Menards. If your pet is behaving well, make sure to give them some treats to enforce this positive attitude within them.
Although it is not understandable why Menards prohibited pets inside their stores due to the pandemic’s onset, it is essential to continue being a responsible pet owner.
Call their stores ahead of time to inquire whether the policy posted last April 1, 2020, has already been reversed and practice proper pet etiquette when bringing your dog inside their stores.